Academic Advising and Course Selection for the 2020-21 School Year
During January, February and March all school counselors will meet with each of their rising 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders individually to selection courses for the 2020-21 school year. During this time, your child will bring home their course selection materials. It is imperative that you review this information with your student as course offerings are dependent upon enrollment and school staffing decisions are based on the course selections students make. Please know, to ensure appropriate placement, all course selections will be discussed with and reviewed by the school counselor.
Academic Advising and Course Selection Timeline
- January 17, 2020 - Middle School Academic Advising, Saint Joseph School
- January 21, 2020 - Middle School Academic Advising, Langston Hughes MS
- January 21-30, 2020 - Rising Senior Course Selection in Student Services
- February 4 & 6, 2020 - Rising Junior Academic Advising, 4th period
- February 10-18, 2020 - Rising Junior Course Selection in Student Services
- February 21 & 25, 2020 - Rising Sophomore Academic Advising, 4th period
- February 27-March 6, 2020 - Rising Sophomore Course Selection in Student Services
- February 28 Dual Enrollment Information Session, 4th period
- March 9-13, 2020 - Make-up Academic Advising & Course Selection
- Before March 13, 2020 - Requests for course changes will be honored.
- March 16–June 3, 2020 - No course request changes will be permitted.
- June 4–10, 2020 - Email communication will be sent to families regarding course requests. If space permits, course request changes can be made through your student’s school counselor.
- June 11–13, 2020 - Course request changes will be made only to resolve conflicts, to accommodate credit requirements, and/or because student has failed to meet prerequisite(s).
If you have any questions or concerns, please call your student’s school counselor