Athletic Information for 2021-2022
Call for Volunteers
Herndon High Sports Booster Club is seeking a candidate to serve as treasurer for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Working with the Boosters is meaningful and fun. If interested – please email HHS Sports Booster president Amy Emmatty at email@example.com We have been searching for volunteers and need your help!
Sports Physical Night
Sports Physical Night will take place Monday, June 7th. Physicals are $50 and by appointment only- there are no guarantees a walk-in will be seen. Register for your appointment here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScRZewAVnQf8WoWHCZiaujn99bAmTyoIcj-AamV_xyuj8if1A/viewform?usp=sf_link. Questions or need to be put on a waiting list. Please contact Lisa Petruzzi at @email
The Herndon High School Athletic Boosters club honors former DSA Bill Hildbold and former ADSA Ruth LeDane through offering four $1500.00 scholarships to two boys and two girls. Both were proponents of student participation in athletics and community. This year’s awards go to Ryan B, Jackson B, Natasha S & Laci J. Congratulations to our outstanding student/athletes!
Herndon High School participates in scholastic athletics through its membership in the Virginia High School League, The Northern Region 6D and the Liberty District.
There are three seasons for high school athletics.
Fall Sports (begin Aug. 2)
- Coed Cheerleading
- Coed Golf
- Boys & Girls Cross Country
- Field Hockey (JV & Varsity)
- Football (Freshman, JV & Varsity),
- Girls Volleyball (Freshman, JV & Varsity)
Winter Sports (begin Nov. 8)
- Boys & Girls Basketball (Freshman, JV & Varsity)
- Girls Gymnastics
- Boys and Girls Indoor Track
- Boys & Girls Swim & Dive
Spring Sports (begin Feb. 21)
- Baseball (JV & Varsity)
- Softball (JV & Varsity)
- Boys & Girls Lacrosse (JV & Varsity)
- Boys and Girls Soccer (JV & Varsity)
- Boys and Girls Tennis
- Boys & Girls Outdoor Track and Field
In order to participate you will need to have a physical exam completed on/after May 1st, 2021.
You may access the form at this link : https://www.fcps.edu/activities/student-athletics
Completed physical forms must be turned in to Lisa Petruzzi (ATC Herndon HS) before the first day of tryouts.
Registration portal for Fall Sports will be coming soon. All students will need to be registered for their sport. Stay tuned to announcements on www.herndonathletics.org for updates.
Spring Sports Continue into June / Tournament Updates
- District Lacrosse Tourney – June 2/3/4 – Dates and times may adjust/change due to graduation conflicts.
- Region Lacrosse Tourney – June 11, 15, 16, 18 (All in, single elimination).
- District Lacrosse Tourney – June 3 and 7
- Region Lacrosse Tourney June 10, 14, 15, 18 ( all in / single elimination)
- District Baseball/Softball – June 4 and 7.
- Region Baseball/Softball – June 10, 14, 16, 18 (Softball), June 10, 12, 16, 18 (Baseball).
- District Track – May 27 and 28
- Region Track – June 8 and 12
Congratulations to our Tennis teams (Boys and Girls) and coaches on their season, which has come to completion.
Lastly, to access streaming links for this week’s games and to obtain the latest news on Hornet accomplishments, follow us on