ATTENDANCE PROCEDURE REMINDERS
IF A STUDENT NEEDS TO CHECK OUT OF SCHOOL EARLY, STUDENTS SHOULD:
- Bring a note from parent/guardian to the Attendance Office prior to 8:00 am.
- Valid reasons include: college visits, religious holidays, planned hospitalization, medical appointments, and required family trips (maximum of three days per year).
- Family trips lasting more than three days must be approved by the student’s administrator at least five days prior to the absences. These absences may result in unexcused absences. Remember, administrators will be working with students of all grade levels, based on last name this year. Administrators by last name and their locations are as follows:
Ms. Campiglia (A - Cas) Main Office
TBD 1 (Cat - Gut) Main Office
Mr. Gillespie (Guz - Maz) Main Office
Mr. Hannon (McA - Riv) Admin Quad
TBD 1 (Riz - Z) Main Office
Because of the number of calls we handle throughout the day, we cannot accept phone calls to dismiss your child early for appointments. Notes are required or you may physically come to the school to dismiss your child.
IF YOUR CHILD FEELS SICK DURING THE SCHOOL DAY:
- Your student must go to the clinic, the clinic will contact you directly to pick up your child.
- Should a student be ill at school, s/he may need medical attention and must report directly to the clinic. Your student should not directly contact you for dismissal.
IF A STUDENT ARRIVES LATE TO SCHOOL:
- We do not accept phone messages for late arrivals.
- In this case, a Parent/Guardian or Medical office note is accepted with a late-arriving student. Students are considered excused for reasons such as illness, court appointment, medical appointments, etc.
- Students must check in at one of the two Tardy Tables (located at Entrances 1 and 9) to receive a pass to class before 9:00am. After 9:00am, students should report to the Attendance Office located inside the Main Office for tardy a pass.
IF A STUDENT WILL BE ABSENT:
- Parent/Guardian must call the attendance line at 703.810.2282 to report an ALL DAY excused absence (illness, death in family, college visit, religious holiday, etc.).
If you know your student will be out you may call or send a note up to 2 weeks in advance.