FCPSOn Summer Update
We are busy preparing for your student’s return in August and the launch of FCPSOn, which will allow students to utilize technology to reach their learning goals and allow teachers to design innovative and meaningful learning experiences. As part of FCPSOn, each student will be provided with a laptop to use in school and at home. This past year, teachers continued to discuss new instructional models, learning environments, and curriculum resources to support FCPSOn. As we plan for next year, I’d like to share a few details:
- We will be distributing laptops during the first Teacher Advisory class (TA) on the second day of school (8/27). We will connect with students who are absent or do not have a TA in order to assign them their laptop during the first week of school.
- Our students will be learning about the importance of digital citizenship through classroom and character education lessons.
- We plan to have a Digital Citizenship resource table during Back to School Night, to provide you with information on how we can support our students using their devices both at school and at home.
- Herndon has formed a Learning Innovation Team, which will help combine the use of literacy and blended learning strategies to ensure meaningful learning experiences for all students, as they seek to develop Portrait of a Graduate attributes. The work of this team supports the work that schools have been doing around Literacy, FCPSOn and Portrait of a Graduate.
- Information about FCPSOn can be found here.
Stay tuned for more information as we move through the next few months. If you have any questions, please contact our school-based technology specialist, Liz Smith at @email.