Fairfax County high school students looking for their first part-time job, summer and seasonal job opportunities, or who want more information about potential career pathways are invited to attend one of six upcoming teen job fairs in Fairfax County. Job fairs will be held as follows:
- Saturday, March 17, 1 to 3 p.m., South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Road, Lorton. Co-sponsored by Supervisor Dan Storck, South Fairfax Chamber of Commerce, South County Federation, and South County High School.
- Saturday, April 7, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Chantilly High School, 4201 Stringfellow Road, Chantilly. Co-sponsored by Supervisor Kathy Smith, Chantilly STEM Academy, and the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Saturday, April 14, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mount Vernon High School, 8515 Old Mount Vernon Road, Alexandria. Co-sponsored by Supervisor Dan Storck, Mount Vernon-Lee Chamber of Commerce, and Mount Vernon High School.
- Saturday, April 21, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., South Lakes High School, 11400 South Lakes Drive, Reston. Co-sponsored by Supervisor Cathy Hudgins and the Reston Chamber of Commerce.
- Saturday, April 28, noon to 2 p.m., West Springfield High School, 6100 Rolling Road, Springfield. Co-sponsored by West Springfield High Student Government Association and the Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce.
Local businesses and agencies will be on hand to offer a range of opportunities including part-time employment, internships, and volunteer work for prospective students. Free booth spaces are provided to local businesses.
Supervisor Pat Herrity established the first teen job fair; it was so well attended that Herrity expanded the job fairs countywide and found co-sponsors in members of the Board of Supervisors, Fairfax County public schools, and local chambers of commerce.
At the Chantilly High job fair, students can take a resumé workshop, scheduled to run concurrently during the event.
Online registration is available for students interested in attending. Complete information about the Teen Job Fairs is available online.
Click the following link to get more information and register - High School Students Invited to Fairfax County 2018 Teen Job Fairs.
Opportunity to apply for Student Representative to School Board
Each year, in accordance with FCPS Policy 1802, FCPS students have the opportunity to apply for the position of the student representative to the School Board. The student representative is not a member of the School Board but serves in a nonvoting, advisory capacity, representing the interests of the students of Fairfax County Public Schools. Students who are currently in grades 9, 10, and 11 are eligible to apply, and they do not need to be current members of the Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council (SAC). Applications are due March 22, 2018. The application and related details can be found at http://fcpsnet.fcps.edu/is/socialstudies/documents/2018StudentRepresentativeSchoolBoardApplication.pdf
NOVA 2018 Vision Conference
Wednesday, April 18, 3:30pm – 6:00pm at the NOVA Annandale Campus
FCPS and NOVA are offering an opportunity for students with disabilities to learn about available options. The conference will include presentations from Disability Services and Counseling Services and a Q&A session. RSVP at https://tinyurl.com/y7aoazqo