Winter Sports Updates
Winter Sports Updates
There will be a Virtual Winter Sports Information Night on December 3rd at 6:00 pm. This is for parents and athletes. A link for the meeting will go out through “News You Choose” the day of the meeting.
- Tryouts start December 7th for Boys and Girls Basketball. All other winter sports (Gymnastics, winter Track, Swim & Dive, Wrestling) start on December 14th.
- Tryout times and locations will be posted in the next week and can be found at herndonathletics.org. Please contact the head coach if you have questions about a specific sport.
- Prior to trying out, a valid physical must be completed using the VHLS physical form AND the athlete must be registered in our new registration site.
- VHSL Physical Exam form - https://herndonathletics.org/main/adnews/ID/52949518
- Athletic Registration Site - https://herndon-ar.rschooltoday.com/
- Locker rooms will not be available to our athletes this year. The expectation will be that the students come to practice/games ready to compete and will leave the facility immediately after the event.
- FCPS is determining whether we will allow any fans into the games/matches this year. We are hopeful that we will have the ability to live stream each of the contests that take place in our gym.
New Athlete Registration Site:
Beginning Wednesday, November 4th, FCPS Activities and athletic programs will transition to a new online student registration system. This new system offers a host of benefits for schools and community members, including:
- One stop shop for registering your student for athletic programs and VHSL activities that occur throughout the school year.
- Electronic submission of the emergency care card and weight room waiver. You will only have to fill these out once!
- A new home for the state mandated Concussion Education Program.
Each family will create an account, and from this account can register their student(s) for various activity and athletic opportunities. While registering does not guarantee a spot on the team, this information will help ensure your student is ready to go on the first day of tryouts. Students can be registered for one or more activities throughout the year and families can sign in as needed to update information.
Please note the following:
- You will still need to submit a valid VHSL Pre-Participation Exam form (physical) directly to the school’s athletic trainer, Lisa Petruzzi, at @email; all other requirements will be completed through the registration process.
- Families who have already submitted their concussion education verification form will be asked to verify completion again as part of the registration process. We do apologize for inconvenience – please bear with us as we make this change.
- The new registration site is located here: https://herndon-ar.rschooltoday.com/
Herndon Spirit Gear is available at - https://herndonathletics.org/main/otherbooster/id/41958343