Senior Spotlight - Ryan Suwannuch
1) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
My biggest disappointment since school has been closed is not being able to see my friends and also not being able to visit my old elementary school with my childhood friends before graduation.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
My plans for the fall are to attend George Mason University and see how it is to be a college student while also working on a side business that revolves around eCommerce and management.
3) How have your plans changed, if at all?
While I am still going to George Mason University, actually being on campus would be much better than just learning online and seeing people through a video call. However, my plans on working on a side business haven’t really changed. If anything, being at home gave me the opportunity to work more towards creating a side business.
4) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
I’ve learned that I am an introvert rather than an extrovert.
5) What is your passion?
My passion is business and Muay Thai.
6) Have you discovered a new passion in light of social distancing?
I haven’t discovered a new passion, but I did rediscover my love for art.
7) What are your hopes for the future?
My hope for the future is that I get a job as a regional sales manager and start up a successful side business after high school. Later in the future, however, I do hope to open up a Muay Thai gym in Phuket, Thailand.
8) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
My best memory of school would be when I went to watch a football game with my friends, and we all went to IHOP® to celebrate. Although some of us had to take an SAT the next day (including me), the time spent being around everyone lessened the stress.