The process for obtaining school transcripts and other records
Transcript Request Procedures
New Hours: Mon - Thur 7:30 -12:30, Closed Friday
New Location: M169
Per FCPS policy and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) student records are only available to those who have authorization from the student. Requests must come from the former students if they are 18 years of age or older and/or a graduate. Records will not be released to others unless specific written consent is given.
Current students: Use this form. Allow two weeks processing time.
Unofficial Transcripts are provided to current students only. Students may request an unofficial transcript using thier fcpsschools.net email to contact the transcript assistant or their counselor. Unofficial transcripts will only be sent to the fcpsschools.net email.
Seniors: Please see the College page for transcripts related to college applications and other important information. Documents for college applications are not processed over the summer.
Former students (Within the last five years): Please return this completed form and submit payment.
- Include your full name while attending HHS and your FCPS ID, if possible.
- Transcripts will be processed once payment and form have been received. A link to the payment portal is at the bottom of this page. Forms can be attached in an email to the transcript assitant. Forms and payment (cash or check, made to HHS) can also be mailed or brought to HHS. Herndon High, Transcript Office, 700 Bennett St, Herndon VA 20170
- Official transcripts can only be processed as a hard copy. They cannot be sent electronically, including email or as an upload to school portals. HHS counselors do not have access to Common App for alumni.
- Records are not processed while you wait, if you wish to pick them up, you will be notified when they are ready.
- An unofficial copy of your transcript was placed behind your diploma.
- Allow two weeks processing time.
Former students more than 5 years ago. See info below
Official Transcripts | Immunization | Proof of Enrollment | Other Records $5.00 each (does not apply to current students)
DEC 1 (Driver's Ed certificate) replacements: $10.00 Contact Mr. Frohm, Director of Student Activities
Replacement Diplomas: $35.00 each Allow 6-8 weeks.