The process for obtaining school transcripts and other records
Transcript Request Procedures
Kirsten Frostad | 703-810-2204 | Hours: Mon - Thur 7:30 -12:30, Closed Friday
Per FCPS policy and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) student records are only available to those who have authorization from the student. Requests must come from the former students if they are 18 years of age or older and/or a graduate. Records will not be released to others unless specific written consent is given.
Current student Records Request form. Allow two weeks processing time. No fees for current students
Unofficial Transcripts are provided to current students only. Students may request an unofficial transcript using their fcpsschools.net email to contact the transcript assistant or their counselor. Unofficial transcripts will only be sent to the fcpsschools.net email.
Seniors: Please see the College page for transcripts related to college applications and other important information. Documents for college applications are not processed over the summer.
Former Students within 5 years
Former student Records Request form Sign the attached Consent to Release Records on page 2 and submit payment.
An unofficial copy of your transcript was placed behind your diploma, please look there if an unofficial copy will do. We do not process unofficial trancripts for former students.
- Include your full name while attending HHS and your FCPS ID, if possible.
- Transcripts will be processed once payment and form have been received.
- A link to the payment portal is at the bottom of this page. NOTE: Submitting the payment is NOT a request for records. For payment by check, make check out to Herndon High School
- Forms can be sent via email to the transcript assistant-see form for specifics, mailed or brought to HHS. Herndon High, Transcript Office, 700 Bennett St, Herndon VA 20170. The above form must be returned in order to process the request.
- Official transcripts are only processed as a hard copy. They cannot be sent electronically, including email or as an upload to school portals. HHS counselors do not have access to Common App for alumni.
- Records may not be able to be processed while you wait. If not, they will be mailed, or you will be notified when they are ready for pick up. Records not picked up within 30 days will be destroyed.
- Allow two weeks processing time.
Former Students more than 5 years
If you last attended or graduated from Herndon High School more than five years ago, your transcript is held at FCPS Records Center. Please call 703-329-7741 or email Records Center at @email or use the link below.
Official Transcripts | Immunization | Proof of Enrollment | Other Records $5.00 each (does not apply to current students)
DEC 1 (Driver's Ed certificate) replacements: $10.00 Contact Mr. Frohm, Director of Student Activities
Replacement Diplomas: $35.00 each Allow 6-8 weeks.
Payment via MySchoolBucks: Include student name and a contact email on the payment page.