December 1, 2020
Hope that you had a great Thanksgiving break! Here is an update regarding All Night Grad! It’s already time to start thinking about All Night Grad! Please use the link below to purchase their ANG tickets.
The link is: https://herndonang.org/
Senior Year Calendar - Important Upcoming Dates
In order to plan ahead, here are important upcoming dates to consider for the next few months. Please note that some dates could change due to unforeseen circumstances related to weather, the renovation etc. To ensure you stay informed, please sign up to receive updates through the communication channels noted in this letter.
- December 14th - December 18th - Senior Portraits: Round 2
- December 14th - Senior T-Shirt Celebration
- December 18th - Deadline to complete info for Cap and Gown
- December 21st - January 1st - Winter Break
- January 1st/January 15th - College Application Deadlines
- January 22nd - End of 2nd Quarter (2 hour Early Release)
Senior Class T-Shirt Celebration
The shirts will be distributed to students at Herndon High School on December 14th from 9am - 3pm! Stay tuned to the FB page, check your email and senior Blackboard page for more information about Senior Class T-Shirt Pick Up. This will be a fun time for you to pick up your shirt and say hi to your classmates! We will also have a hornet backdrop for you to take pictures. We are looking forward to seeing you then!
Senior Portraits Session: Round 2
Who – Seniors who did not take pictures in September and seniors who would like to retake their pictures
When – 12/14 from 8:30 am until 3:00 pm, 12/15, 16 & 17 from 3:15 pm until 9:00 pm
Where – Herndon High School Lecture hall
How – Any senior who has not yet been photographed will receive a notification in the mail in early December to select and confirm their appointment time. Seniors who have been photographed but would like a retake must call 800-445-1189 to schedule an appointment.
Questions? Please call (410) 644-7700
- All students and guests will be expected to wear masks to enter the building.
- Senior portrait sessions will be held in the lecture hall (enter the building through the main entrance).
- Maintain social distance at all times.
- Students may bring one guest only.
- Students who are late by more than 5 minutes will be asked to reschedule a time. There will be no walk-up appointments.
- Changing areas will be disinfected after each use.
- Out of abundance of caution, students will NOT be supplied with drapes, tuxedo jackets, cap & gown, etc. by the photographer. Students are encouraged to bring outfits of their choice for the photo session. Keep in mind that one of the pictures will be included in the yearbook when choosing your outfits. Lifetouch is currently considering an option to offer cap and gown portraits in the spring.
We appreciate everyone’s efforts as the health and safety of our students and staff remains our utmost priority.
SAVE THE DATE! Graduation date - June 2, 2021 9:30 am at Eagle Bank Arena
Please remember that Senior dues will be made in two installments for this school year. The first installment of $50 is due by November 30, 2020. Please log into myschoolbucks.com to make your payment. Stay tuned for more information regarding the second installment of Senior Dues.
Cap and Gown Info
Place your graduation cap and gown order by December 18th. Go to this link tinyurl.com/capgown21 or use the QR code below to place your order.
You are only required to enter your size for your cap and gown. You won’t need to pay for your cap and gown and you are not required to purchase any class apparels or accessories to order your cap and gown.
Senior Yearbook and Senior Baby Ads
- Purchase Yearbook at yearbookordercenter.com, school code 8967:
- Purchase Senior Ads & Senior Baby Ads - Starting August 26, Senior Ads for 2021 graduates can be purchased and designed online at yearbookordercenter.com, school code: 8967, click on Ad Creation. Directions for designing can be found there.
Class of 2021: All Night Grad Update
We are in need of people to volunteer for the most amazing evening for our seniors, ALL NIGHT GRAD. We’ve hosted our first planning meeting and we are excited about what’s in store for our seniors!
You may ask, what is All Night Grad? It is an alcohol, drug free event that enables the students to celebrate their graduation and provides an opportunity for them to all come together before they go off in different directions. There are many activities at the event: inflatables, caricature artists, a money machine, FOOD, games and more!
The success of this event depends on the support of parents and volunteers. It will take a village to organize and plan this incredible night for our seniors.
If you have questions, please email Dawn Blevins and Tricia DeMaria at HHSANG2021@gmail.com.
Senior End of Year Celebrations
We need two parent volunteers to lead the various senior celebrations for the class of 2021. Celebrations include: Yard Sign distribution,etc. Please contact Mary Wolfe or Rosemary Buley at @email or @email, if interested.
Class of 2021 Contacts
2021 Class Administrators
2021 Class Parent Liaison
2021 Senior Celebrations (Yard Signs, All Night Graduation Party, senior video/slideshow etc.)
We will continue using the Class of 2021 Facebook Page, HHS Senior class page, Senior Blackboard page, and Class of 2021 email to disseminate information throughout the year. Clubs and organizations will use their social media accounts and are welcome to submit information to us, as well. Please review STAY CONNECTED site (click here) to ensure you are signed up to receive weekly emails from Herndon High School through FCPS News You Choose and check the 2021 Facebook Page.
Please help spread the word to other 2021 students and families to ensure they are signed up to receive communication.